Google has recently rolled out its Play Games beta for PC project in India, following its successful introduction in over 50 countries. The company is now further expanding the program to reach 60 additional countries, including Argentina and South Africa, making it available in more than 120 countries worldwide. Initially launched in 2022, the project has seen a gradual expansion to various regions, including Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Europe. A notable feature is the ability to sync game progress across devices, allowing seamless transitions between Android phones, tablets, Chromebooks, and PCs. Additionally, Google started experimenting with keyboard control for select Android games on ChromeOS. Moreover, in March, Google launched an emulator specifically designed for game-makers to efficiently debug their games. Furthermore, the company provides integration with Android Studio, empowering developers to make adjustments and deploy their games with ease.
What is Google Play Games Beta?
Google Play Games Beta is a groundbreaking service that bridges the gap between Android gaming and PC gaming. With this platform, users can enjoy their favorite Android games on a PC, unlocking a whole new level of gaming experience. By utilizing the power of a Windows 10 PC, Google Play Games Beta renders games in higher resolutions and provides more intricate details, enhancing the overall visual experience for players.
Accessing Google Play Games Beta
To gain access to this innovative service, users need a Windows PC that meets specific requirements
|Windows 10 (version 2004 or later)
|Windows 10 (version 20H2 or later)
|Intel Core i3 or equivalent
|Intel Core i5 or equivalent
|DirectX 11 graphics card with 4GB of memory
|DirectX 12 graphics card with 6GB of memory
Available Games on Google Play Games Beta
The platform currently offers a diverse selection of games, including popular titles like Asphalt 9: Legends, Call of Duty: Mobile, Clash of Clans, Fortnite, Genshin Impact, PUBG Mobile, Roblox, Subway Surfers, and Wild Rift. This array of games caters to various gaming preferences, ensuring there’s something for everyone.
Guide to Installing and Setting Up Google Play Games Beta on Your PC
If your PC meets the minimum requirements, you can easily install Google Play Games Beta on your computer for an enhanced gaming experience. Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you started:
1. Begin Installation
- Open your web browser on your Windows computer and navigate to play.google.com/googleplaygames.
- Look for the “Download” option and click on it.
- After the download is complete, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the installation.
- The installation process may take a few minutes to complete.
2. Set Up Virtualization Settings
To play mobile games on your PC, it’s essential to have Windows virtualization settings enabled. Here’s how to do it:
- During the installation, if you find that the Windows Hypervisor Platform is turned off, you will be prompted to turn it on. Simply follow the prompt and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
- If the Windows Hypervisor Platform is already turned on, you won’t receive this prompt.
- Before proceeding with the installation of Google Play Games Beta on your PC, ensure that CPU virtualization is turned on in your computer’s BIOS settings.
3. Sign In to Your Account
To ensure seamless gameplay across devices, make sure to sign in with the same Google account on both your mobile device and your PC.
By following these straightforward steps, you can easily install and set up Google Play Games Beta on your Windows PC. This new service brings an array of benefits, including improved graphics, support for keyboard and mouse controls, and progress synchronization across devices. Remember to check the minimum requirements before installing and have virtualization settings enabled for optimal gaming performance. Enjoy your favourite Android games on the big screen with Google Play Games Beta!